Saturday 8 September 2012

Day 3 Week 1 - not easy, but easier

Was I more organised this morning?  No.  I tried, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to get up half an hour earlier - as if the OMG routine weren't a big enough ask.

The hardest part is the bath.  It's painful, yes, but the point is that you've got to stick with it for 15 minutes.  That's a quarter of the hour I usually give myself for getting ready in the morning, and the routine didn't have me sitting and wondering what to do for 15 minutes - it's got to come from somewhere, and clearly my morning ablutions must have been quicker than 15 minutes.  Maybe 5.

At any rate, skipping breakfast today was remarkably easy, and my work day was unusually productive.  I even had an odd sense that I was living off my own fat - very pleasant, but I wonder whether it's that, or just that it was a sunny day.

Unfortunately, my thighs have still not recovered from yesterday's morning run.  I stuck with housework and walking for my movement today, but my legs feel like I have only just finished a 200m sprint.  I think I should avoid taking the cold bath right after a hot run.

Getting through the day with the low carb diet and exercise was easy, though not always easy to remember.  That is the hardest thing about this diet - every day I forget something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment